Monday 29 December 2014

So Christmas has come and gone. Another one over and done with. Personally for me, I am glad it is over. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate it - it's just that I find it hard to get into any kind of festive spirit. Also, it's not that I'm unhappy - quite the opposite. I'm in a very good place. Happiest I've felt for about 3 years. I just don't enjoy all the build up (which starts months too early) and I find myself getting bored around noon on the day itself. I can think of much better things to do on my day off, involving wigs, makeup and a bit of padding...............!

That being said, it's time for an outing again. Twice in a month. This time though, has a reasoning behind it that is a deliberate act. New Years Eve. I'm going to my friends dressed. I want to see the new year in as my alter ego. I'm hoping that this will spur 'me' on to being whom I feel I should be. For me, it is a significant statement of intent for the year ahead. As more and more people know, it will become easier to go out and therefore, should be easier to slip into my more natural role. We'll see.

I have been told to take a list of my and my alter ego's resolutions round. Now, I'm not one for keeping to my resolutions, so it will be an interesting exercise. As for my alter ego, I don't think she's ever made any before.  For me it will be the usual: Lose weight and get fit; Worry less; Be more careful with money...........but I do have one which I intend to keep (see paragraph above). My alter ego's I have no clue. I'll find out on Wednesday night.

I haven't include work in my resolutions this year. This is because a) I am leaving my current store for a brand new one and b) I am still hopeful for the job outside of the company coming up. I had an email today about it, asking if I am still interested. Of course I am!! Silly question. I still need to get out of my current job although at the moment, it is getting better. 

Overall, things are moving in the right direction. The last 3 years have gone by so quickly and I am a better person now than I was then. I am finally reaping the benefits of the shackles of marriage being broken. I have changed my outlook on life, the way I deal with life and the way I live my life. I'm not going to get carried away as I know how things can go wrong. If they do, I'm better placed to deal with it now. Hopefully!!

No comments:

Post a Comment