Wednesday 24 September 2014

Midweek madness. Or a whole week of madness, so far. As it is a long week, I was hoping for a quiet week. Oh how wrong was I!! From roadworks, machines malfunctioning, loan staff to argumentative customers, every angle has been covered at the moment. It is times like this when I realise what a release my alter ego is. To be able to disappear into another life, to be someone else for even a few hours, makes you forget about everything and makes you realise what is and what is not important.

I have trying to figure out lately, since she has come back into my life, how she will fit in to my life going forward. When I started this blog, I was I was in a dark place. I was confused, tired, on the verge of depression. At that time, given my mental condition, I could only see one way out of all the confusion and darkness - change my gender. It became a daily, if not hourly question on whether to change or not. Now, with the benefit of counselling, a lot of soul searching, long chats with good friends and a better frame of mind, I have found - for the time being - a happy medium. 

That is not to say that the question of my day to day gender will not arise again. If she is around too often and she gets more and more confident, who knows what may happen? Currently, I am happy for her to at least come out once a week and to creep a little into my everyday life. I am toying with the idea that I am slightly androgynous. I do not seen to fit into any of societies particular pigeon holes and that suits me just fine. I am me, love me or loathe me, I will not change. Well, maybe once a week................

Linking this all up to the beginning of this post, to me, work is not important. It helps me to buy another wardrobe full of clothes though! My health and sanity is important. She brings a little sanity to my complex little empire and helps me to escape the sometimes mad world I live in. She is and will now always be part of my world. Hopefully she will have some fun of her own too. I suppose it depends on how many JD and cokes you buy her.............

No comments:

Post a Comment