Friday 12 September 2014

I'm on a bit of a comedown after yesterday. I finally went out shopping, albeit with a friend for moral and fashion support. My first big step into the daylight world......

It was the day of my shopping trip. Up early to get ready, all plucked, painted and padded up for my first daylight venture. I had to remember to dress down - I'm so used to dressing up for a night out that I really had to reign myself in. I wore a denim skirt with leggings, a tight T shirt, some converse style shoes and a brown wig. Hopefully I managed it!! My friend didn't say anything, so I'm presuming it was OK.

My first obstacle was negotiating the route to the car. A couple of workman and a skip lorry blocking my path wasn't in my plan for my first glimpse of the daylight. So after a few minutes wait, the coast was clear. The drive to my friends was easy, but the most nerve racking bit of the whole day was driving through my current home town!

After picking my friend up, we drove to the local shopping centre to start my expedition. Usually I would be nervous about getting out of the car and walking anywhere, but I didn't feel any nervousness at all. It all felt natural. All I wanted to do was blend in and I think for the most part, I did. 

It was such a thrill to walk around my actual home town and be who I wanted to be and act how I wanted to. It was exciting to finally shop for myself and buy things in a shop instead of using eBay. With the help of my friend, I came away with the following - A cardi, dress, statement necklace, a pair of flats and a skirt. All welcome additions to my wardrobe! We also went into my friends place of work and into MAC to enquire about a make-up lesson. I think I need one!

After a coffee and cake and a few more shops, my shopping expedition came to an end. After walking back to the car, diving my friend home and then driving myself home, I thought that was my day over. However, I was wrong........

You see, I was supposed to meet a friend for a drink on Tuesday, but the cancelled on me. I can understand why, but they then invited me to a local pub for the landlords birthday party. I said I would see how I felt after my day off.......

.......and I thought I would try out my new outfit and go for it! The dress, teamed with a pair of black leggings, the new cardi and the new flats, plus a blonde hairdo and a new coat of make up finished the look. So, for the second time, I ventured out into the daylight. The coast was clear, so to the car I went. Again, the drive was uneventful, but I would have to walk, on my own, with no support, from the car park to the pub. Strangely, I wasn't that nervous. I walked with purpose and poise and made my way to the pub. Luckily, my friends were there already. 


Although I got a few looks from a couple of people, on the whole, I blended in. My friends commented on my outfit and how nice I looked. Unfortunately, I could only drink soft drinks, but I still had a little boogie once the band started. Alas, the evening had to end. After a kiss and a hug from the (slightly) drunk landlord, I walked back with my friends to the car park. Even with a moron shouting out faggot at me, I didn't let it ruin my day. I felt honoured that they actually had to comment, although it showed up their lack of intelligence. I was still on a major high on the way home and didn't want the night to end. However, sleep was calling and a bedroom had to be tidied. So, after getting undressed and cleansing my face of make up.........it was time for bed.

So, after being on a high, today was a let down. Back to work. Bored. No motivation. But the interview for the new job may be back on...............

No comments:

Post a Comment