Monday 30 December 2013

It is that time of year when people start to think about their New Year Resolutions. I usually make some, but, like most people, break them very quickly. I thought that 2014 might be different. Given the issues that I have and the time frame relating to those issues, I think a major overhaul of my life is in order and a couple of decent resolutions will help.

So, here are my resolutions for 2014:
Lose weight and become healthier. As I advance in age, I can feel the worries of the world taking it's toll. Time to start cutting out the pasties/pies/chocolate/crisps/convenience food that has become my staple diet and time to start moving my quietly growing belly and do some proper physical exercise. This is also a starting point should I want to transition - getting my body and mind in the best shape possible for any major changes.
Forget the past. I have been dwelling too much on the past recently. I am still hurting over my divorce - the situation surrounding it, my upbringing, my general lot in life. The counselling will help with that. Time to cut some of my ties with the past, be it people, places, possessions. 
Be who I want to be. The biggie. This is the year for deciding who I am and whom I want to be. The gender group and the counselling combined should help with this one. I was leaning to one side but after the festive period, the scales have evened up a little. I have also decided, with regard to this one, to dress more often as my alter ego, go out more often as my alter ego and later on in the year, try and live for a day or two as my alter ego. I also want to act more as the person who occupies my head - not what society dictates.

So, three little resolutions to implement next year. Should not be too difficult. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment