Friday 27 December 2013

Christmas. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas. I was not looking forward to it and now I am glad it is over. I did not put my decorations up, I did not do any extra food shopping and did most of my present shopping at the last minute. To be honest, I am glad it is over. I will be even better when 2013 is over.

I have had a good Christmas with my family and close friends - I just have bad memories of this time of year. Each year is getting better, but at present I just cannot get into the swing of it. I want to enjoy the season, I just cannot get into the spirit without anyone special to share it with. As a single person, it is a very lonely time of year, especially if you have no one to go to or come to you. I was lucky to be able to spend it with my family, many people are not.

Spending time with my family has got me thinking about my gender confusion. Some of the comments that have been said and the questions asked of me have given me even more to think about. I feel that it will be even harder to explain to my family now, should I decide to transition. The comments of 'This time next year you can bring your girlfriend' or 'Times getting on for you, isn't it' are not what I wanted to hear.

All I can hope for is a better 2014, not only for me but some of my friends as well. 2013 has not been a good year for me. Definitely a year to forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment