Friday 9 January 2015

I have a confession to make. I've been a bit naughty and been a bit of a catfish. To those who don't know what a 'Catfish' is, in this context, here is a brief description:
This is a person who pretends to be someone they are not, usually on social media, to pursue deceptive online romances.

Now, I haven't tried to pursue any online romances and, strictly speaking, I'm not pretending to be someone else. I am being a person I want to be. Let me explain the situation...........In a state of slightly inebriated merriment last Saturday evening, I decided to create a profile for my female half on a dating website. The purpose of this, was to see if could pass as female to a wider audience and by doing this, finally get it into my head that I am not just me in a dress and makeup. So, I chose a site at random and created a profile - using information that relates to myself. The only information changed was my date of birth and my gender.

I uploaded 3 photos, (the best I could find on my phone) and then waited to see what would happen. Now, I wasn't expecting much as I thought people would see that it was a bloke in a wig and makeup. So, 6 days later, much to my surprise, I have received 72 messages, 77 men want to meet me and 8 men have made me their favourite. I must state that I have not messaged any men back, or said I would meet any of them or made any my favourite. I intend to delete the profile on Sunday as I don't think it is right to carry it on and give false hope to people.  

I know some people will take a dim view of my actions and I don't blame them.  A few years ago, I would have been the same. However, in my quest to educate my mind that I can pass as a female, I saw this as a good opportunity to reaffirm what my friends are telling me. I know that it is not a controlled experiment - more of a 'run it up the flagpole and see how it flies' kind of thing. I do feel better in myself for doing it and now feel more confident that I can pass as a female in certain lights and situations. I do need to practice more and do more things as my female half to gain more confidence in myself and by doing that will make me look and act female to the general public. If you are confident in yourself, this will show through to other people.

I'm hoping that this will be true in a few weeks, when the Christmas do is finally booked. Not my Christmas do, my male half. You see, he's not going - I am. Why? Well, the manager and the full time member of staff both know about me, but the new part timer doesn't. From speaking to her, she kept going on about her girlfriend. So, I felt that I could be introduced to her, hoping that I would be accepted. 

So, my male half introduced me to her. Her first response - "Can I see any pictures?'' and after viewing the pictures, " You would get me into trouble!". We then got talking about the do and I joked that I should come half and half and she said why not come as me? So, I am going instead of him! I already have my outfit, but think I am going to have to accessory shopping!! Now, where has he hidden the credit card..............!!

No comments:

Post a Comment