Thursday 15 January 2015

A small setback today. Nothing major, just a spanner in the works. You see, I wasn't going to my own Christmas do, me 2.0 was. Great, another outing and a free meal throw in. However, my area manager has decided that he wants to come, so now it means that I have to go instead. Me 2.0 had an outfit planned and everything. As my manager said, he couldn't really say no and I know that he couldn't.

The good thing is that another party has come up. A good friend of mine (not the shopping trip friend), invited me 2.0 to a gig at an arts centre in the local city. It's the music of the 1920's and 1930's spun into the 21st century. After looking at the website and on you tube, me 2.0 said yes. So, tickets are booked and the outfit is chosen. Me 2.0 gave my credit card a small dent to buy some 'accessories'. Shoes, a belt and a clutch bag I think. I presume they are being delivered to work, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. I do need to, before the party, book a back wax. The dress is a bit low cut at the back, so I don't want me 2.0 looking a bit hairy. The things I suffer for her art!

Good news on the work front. I finally have a leaving date for my current branch - 28th February and I will, until the new branch opens, be working at the nearest store to the new branch, so, according to my area manager, I can 'get a feel for the area and the customers, whilst planning the new store'. Scheduled opening is now early May. Lets hope all goes to plan............

Shame about the Christmas do - I had a very pretty dress picked out to wear. The whole look was planned. I am a little sad that I'm not going but it is probably best that I don't. However, my monthly shopping trip to the local city with my good friend is coming up, so plenty of new stuff to buy and the party next month means I will be out and about. There are also a few extra days off looming for me 1.0, so more trips out could be on the horizon. Well, I can't stop now, can I? If me 1.0 thinks I've finished the spending with the accessories, he's got another thing coming! (Depends on if there's anything left after my birthday spend up!!) There are 4 items due (the other is a bra) and I do need a few more essential items/accessories. I'm sure we can come to a compromise.....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment