Tuesday 24 February 2015

Heels. Love wearing them. However, as me 1.0/2.0 are not used to wearing them very often, my feet do tend to suffer very quickly. Going out twice in two weeks has helped my feet to cope, but I still need more practice. It's a hard life being comfortable with myself.

As you may have read in my last post, me 2.0 had another party to go to. This was to the same place as the birthday party in December. Me 2.0 was invited by the landlady of the pub in question as she hadn't been able to meet me 2.0 at the party, So, I had been looking forward to this all week. The only problem was, I had to work Saturday. Which meant working until 4.30pm. This would only leave me about 2 hours to get ready - 45 min drive home and an hour drive later. I did as much preparation as I could the day before - legs, armpits and then laid everything out ready on the morning before I went to work. It was all planned out. 

Off to work I trotted. Little did I know, but for once lady luck shone a little for me. My colleague had been suffering with a cold and on Saturday it had decided to become a full blown head cold. By the early afternoon, it was obvious that they couldn't continue working, so, being a responsible employer, I sent them home. Now, due to a long term condition, I cannot work on my own. So, what else could I do but go home. This piece of good fortune gave me an extra 90 mins to work my magic and get out.

As I had everything laid out ready, I was a bit more relaxed. As it would turn out, I would need that extra time as things did not go quite to plan. Everything was alright until I got to the lippy. Whatever I did, it went wrong. In the past, I would have panicked, however, I kept my calm and reapplied the lippy. Which went wrong again. Sigh. Frustrated, yes; panic, no. So, for the third time, I reapplied. Better than the last two attempts, but not my usual high standard. I would have to do.

After that, the outfit went together perfectly. I wore the same outfit as the week before, just tweaking the hair and shoes slightly. Black wig and a black patent pair of heels. I must also mention at this point that I was also staying our overnight and had to get a set of clothes together to wear on Sunday. The only difference was that I would have to be me 2.0 in the morning as well.

Yes, I would have to around in the morning as well. Why? Well, the person I was staying with is also like me - the friend I had a girlie day with last week. They are older than me and due to circumstance live with their parents.  However, they are not fully out to their parents, so it was easier to say that they had a female friend coming to stay. No me 1.0 to pack, just a get me home outfit and a basic makeup kit. All good practice for me!! 

Car packed, off I went. I felt comfortable - I felt right. The drive to my friends house was quicker than I planned for, so I arrived there about 30 mins early. Which gave us more valuable drinking time and a chance to have a gossip. After doing the whole 'Do I look ok?' routine and fortified with rum, off to the party we went. 

Walking into the pub, we were immediately welcomed in and told how good we looked. I got hugs off of the people I had met before and a few admiring glances off of a few others! It all felt very natural and right. Before long, we were both dancing to the band and having a fabulous time. At the other pub in town (yes, there is only 2, the licensees were leaving, so, as my friend knew them, a few of us went down. The reaction in this pub was completely different. I could feel the hostility as soon as we walked in. We were stared at and one person was intent on causing aggravation. This was my first piece of negativity. This 'person' was intent on ridiculing us and being rude and obnoxious by asking stupid questions. It was not a very accepting pub and the clientele were from the lower end of the evolutionary scale. Not that I'm being bitchy. Much.

So we drank up and made our way back to the original venue. More drink, more dancing and more admiring glances. I did have to rest my feet at one point as they couldn't take any more. They were a little sore. Then, before I knew it, the party was over and we had to go. The taxi was booked for 12am and at 12am it arrived. Once back at my friends, we sat and chatted for at least two hours. I found out quite a lot about my friend, about their past and the things they went through. I felt privileged that they could share them with me. It had got to a point where we had to go to bed. Where I had to, for a couple of hours at least, become me 1.0. I stripped away the layers, removed the makeup and fell into bed. 

When I eventually got up, I had to become me again. On with the layers and on with the makeup. I had to creep across the landing to the bathroom to put the makeup on before anyone saw me. I need more practice at doing makeup quickly, but it was a passable attempt. I had my morning outfit of a long sleeved top. denim skirt, and boots to go home in, but not before a fry up. Eaten in a ladylike fashion, of course! We chatted some more over brunch and put the world to rights, before I had to leave. I drove home and with a heavy heart knew my adventures were nearly over. 

Once home and unpacked, it was time for me to go. Time for me to become me 1.0 again. Off with the wig, makeup and the outfit. Back to me again. Back to the world of conformity. Back with the memories of a fantastic couple of weeks and three outings. I'm just planning when the next one will be. Soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment