Thursday 12 February 2015

Finally, a proper update. It's been too long. Where to begin. From the start I suppose.....

Me 1.0 is can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding my current place of employment. With just over two weeks to go until I depart the branch that time forgot and trundle off to pastures new. It's been a struggle to see all the hard work I have put in to the branch being dismantled by the manager. It's his branch, but I still don't think - even after 2 and a half years - he has a grasp on the customer base or how a small branch works. Only time will tell.

As for me 2.0, things have been busy. I have finally had my first outing of the year. A girlie shopping trip with a new friend. When I say new friend, me 1.0 has known them for a couple of years via work. As similar girls and the fact me 1.0 is leaving, we decided to have a girlie day. I had already been to their party in December, so this was a chance to be ourselves and have a relaxed day.

We met at my flat - my friend said they didn't recognise me! That made my day. My ultimate aim is not to be 'read' and hopefully, one day, I won't be. I drove us into the local city and we parked in one of the busiest car parks. We were both very nervous as I had only been into the city as me with a GG (Genetic Girl) and my friend hadn't been out fully dressed before. My local city is probably one of the best to go out in and luckily, we didn't have any problems. 

So, we got out of the car and our adventure began. For me, it was a massive thrill to be going out and being me 2.0 came very naturally. I didn't really care if other people did 'read' me - I was just enjoying being me. We got a few smiles, a few second glances and called ladies wherever we went. Now, I realise that we were probably 'read', but it does your confidence the world of good when that happens!

We had a long lazy lunch, a slow wander around the shops, a quick coffee and then home. A journey that I didn't want to make. It meant the day was over. BOO!! Alas, all good things come to an end and with a heavy heart, we journeyed back to my flat. I had to disappear as my flatmates dad was due (he doesn't know about me 2.0) and me 1.0 had to come back. My friend stayed for a while and we had a good heart to heart over a coffee before they had to go as well. 

I must admit I had a massive come down that evening. I was a bit grumpy. I really didn't want the day to end. I thought I looked passable and I tried something different with my makeup - I went for a darker lip and eye colours. I think it was a success - I'll let you make up your own mind (although you can't really see the eye colours).......



It's the gig at the arts centre this weekend. Can't wait. A chance to get glammed up and look fabulous! Still can't decide on a dress/outfit though. I have all day to decide. Probably. I'll update you after the gig. With pictures! xx

As for me - same old same old. Seeing friends for a drink, working to pay for me 2.0's party outfits and general relaxing. I get to go out soon as well. A celebration of leaving my branch for pastures new. Curry and alcohol. It can't end well - it probably won't. You WON'T be getting any pictures of that night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment