Thursday 24 October 2013

Today has been a day of positives. Hopefully, there is a light appearing at the end, albeit, at the end of a very long tunnel. It's now up to me to make sure I can reach that light and move on with my life, whoever that may be.
Finally, there is some movement on my personal development at work. I have been asked, by my area manager, what training I think I need to be able to move up to the next level. I have four weeks to work out what I need and to let him know. Whether or not anything comes of it, is another question. However, I now have a glimmer of hope. I will still keep looking outside of my current employer as I feel that it  is a little bit of 'Too little, Too late' on my behalf.
Now to my internal struggle. I have been to see my doctor today. I explained to them my past feelings since my parents divorce and the break up of my relationship last year and my current feelings of gender confusion - the blurring of the lines between her and me, my lack of sleep and my work issues. The diagnosis - mild depression. 
The treatment - they have referred me counselling for the depression. As for the gender confusion, they have given me the address of a drop in centre in the local city. They want to see me again in four weeks to see how I'm getting on.
Now it's up to me on the gender confusion - I will have to wait for the referral to come through for the depression. I'm glad I have so many good friends round me. I will never be able to thank them enough for their help and support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment