Sunday 19 October 2014

Hiya! I finally got to go out this week. An afternoon of shopping and coffee with a good friend of mine. It was just what was needed after the last couple of weeks. I really needed to get out and this outing has made me realise how much more I want to go out. I thought I would go dark haired this week - so I went for black. I wore the new outfit I bought last time. 



So...after leaving my flat(dressed for the first time in daylight), we met at my friends house and then I drove us into the local city. I felt more confident than the last time we went - I think the fact that I had been out before and the reaction, or lack of it, had given me a confidence boost. I have to keep myself grounded though, as I know there will be some adverse reaction to come. and some of that will be nasty.

Neither of us had much money, so we did a lot of window shopping! I bought a jumper, top and a ring.......as well as a few toiletries from a very nice shop......which my friend also works at. A bath bomb, some shower gel and a face mask completed my shopping expedition.

It was nice to be accepted whilst shopping. Every cashier called us ladies, even the staff in my friends shop treated me as me. That is a real confidence boost. I think it helps that my local city is seen as one of the most open and accepting in this country - in some respects, anything goes. 

Next trip - Halloween. The perfect excuse to get out and get dressed up. I've already decided what I am going to wear. However, you will all have to wait and see ;) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment