Wednesday 15 January 2014

I may have mentioned in my last blog that I had been moaned at for not blogging enough. I accept that the good friend who made the remark was only concerned about me and it was not a pointed remark. I hope they will accept my sincere apologies. I also must offer congratulations to a good friend of mine on the birth of her baby boy. A few weeks late and larger than anticipated, but both are doing well.

I am writing this whilst having two facebook conversations and one text message conversation. This sentence has so far taken me five minutes to write. This post will probably take me about two hours at this rate!! Last night was just as bad - three email conversations! At least it keeps me occupied and not watching the T.V.....

Resolutions...I am eating healthier, putting the past behind me and still working on who I want to be. With regard to the last one, I went to the gender group for the first time this year. As I have not been since November, I was a bit apprehensive about going. I knew I had to make the effort to go, as it is part of the process. Over Christmas, all I had was the flip side of the argument. Now it is time to broaden the argument again.

The feeling of isolation may also be coming to an end. The living situation will hopefully be progressing soon. The wheels are finally turning and there is now a light at the end of that particular tunnel. I feel lots of viewings coming up!

I went to my doctors last week and mentioned getting the wheels of transition started now. I have been told that the process is basically down to when they feel I am ready to be put forward to the psychiatrist. From that point, it usually takes about a year for the appointment to come through. So, if and when I decide to transition, I will have to wait even longer to start the process. I suppose I have waited 30+ years so a few more will not hurt.

I have been fairly busy socially, which has helped. Quizzes, take aways, Cake days (yum, yum!) and visiting family have kept me active. Go karting and birthday drinks this weekend and a curry on Monday are all being looked forward to. Just need to save my pennies now!

She really wanted to go out on Tuesday, but she felt that she wouldn't be accepted by the general public. She really wants to go out at some point this month - hopefully the opportunity will arise soon. Maybe next Tuesday - if she can muster up the courage to. I hope she will be around before next week. She needs to come out more.

It has taken me about an hour to write all this. I think it is time for a well earned cup of tea and then sort out the washing up. What an exciting life I lead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment