Wednesday 18 November 2015

Ho hum. Not the best couple of weeks. It's been........difficult. It's been........hard to accept the situation. I have spoken to my mum, face to face. However, the contents of the conversation I will not divulge. This is out of respect to my family at this time. The subject of this blog did come up and the contents within. On this subject, I stand by everything I write in this blog and it is my mind at a given point in time. I'm not going to change how I write this blog in the same way I'm not going to change the way I live.

My life is, well, my life. I live it my way. I'm not perfect - far from it. I have my faults and some would say quite a few! They're probably right. I also have some good points. Others would also disagree with that statement as well!! I'm only human, albeit in the wrong body at the moment. I don't regret for one minute the decision I've made. I've spent years being unhappy and just going with the motions. I need to change the status quo and boy, have I!

Things will be very difficult as these past few weeks have shown. People will go out of my life and people will come into my life. Hopefully the people who matter will stay and the people who don't, won't. Your view on where you fit in is up to you. I know who is important to me. Work will be difficult, given the industry I'm in.A  Predominately male industry, both working for and with. I fully expect not to be working there in two years time. I know I have legal protection and I will use it to the max. I will have to think about how I will support myself with all the cuts in benefits in the UK, it will be extremely difficult. I want to work. I don't like handouts of money (food is OK!) - I like to earn my own money and pay my own way. 

Other than retail, I don't know much else. One of my good friends has suggested that I take a course in some form of massage. I will be looking into that and what else I fancy doing - I will need something to either fall back on/ take further should the need arise (which I think it will). I will hold out at my current job as long as is possible - I need the money!

My mental health will be the biggest concern. A combination of the above and many other factors can have a detrimental effect on mental health. I will admit, I am worried what will happen. I am at my strongest mentally at the moment at anytime in the past 4 years. Then events of the past few weeks are just a small indication of what is to come. Will I be able to cope with this on a regular/bigger basis? With the right support and help of the people who chose to stay in my life, I should be OK. It will be hard on those people as well - I apologise in advance and thank you all in advance.

I thank everyone who reads this blog and I especially thank those who have been and will continue to follow my journey. I also welcome any newcomers to the ride and hopefully I can count on your support as well. Next year will be a biggie. Watch this space..............;) xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment